Child Cush is reader-supported. We may earn a commission through products purchased using links on this page. Learn more about our affiliate disclosure.
Constipation is a common problem in babies and children, but what’s the best way to deal with it? It can be difficult for parents to know how much cooled boiled water they should give their child.
This article will explain why constipation occurs, discuss different remedies for it, and help parents decide on the best treatment option.
What is constipation?
Constipation is a disorder that leads to difficult or infrequent bowel movements. Constipation, which affects up to 15 percent of the population, generally occurs when we don’t eat enough fiber and drink enough fluids each day.
Involuntary weight loss, which often is a sign of a wider health problem, also can be an early symptom.
While constipation may resolve on its own if the underlying cause is simple and harmless, it can lead to major discomfort that requires medical treatment in some instances.
Why do babies get constipated?
Constipation is when your baby’s bowel movements (poop) are dry and hard. When this happens, the poop doesn’t come out like it should.
As is often the case with babies, there is no one specific reason why they get constipated.
It has to do with their diet or certain food allergies that have not been detected yet – or too little milk intake which causes lack of stool in the intestines being pushed forward by gas buildup.
Babies older than 4 months may get constipated for purely nutritional reasons.
What are causes of baby’s constipation?
1. Less breast feeding which decreases the amount of water in intestine; as a result, stools tend to be dry and easily get stuck in intestines. When this happens, it requires more strength for bowel movement which leads to straining during defecation.
2. The amount of hard food consumed by baby is greater than that of soft food which causes dry stools and, at every bowel movement, every stool will be created from a great deal of effort making it harder to pass through the anal region. If the frequency of bowel movements is too low or if there are intervals between bowel movements lasting more than four days, this habit may lead to constipation.
3. Soft food with high fiber content such as fruits, vegetables and yogurt can help improve bowels’ function but it also slows down digestion causing fecal matter accumulation in intestines; therefore, frequent bowel movements should be encouraged for babies to prevent them from developing bad habits such as straining when moving their bowels.
How to deal with baby’s constipation?
1. Baby should drink more water and eat more fruit which contains a lot of water after a bowel movement because a small amount of food residue remaining inside intestines may cause them to swell up leading to constipation.
Besides, fruits also contain lots of fiber that can soften stools making it easier for baby to pass through the anal region.
Drinking milk is good for babies as well but not recommended as this will lead to formula-poop syndrome, i.e., the stool comes out in semi-liquid form with bloodstreaks or mucous strands mixed within; moreover, formula poop leads to diaper rash better known as diaper dermat so parents should take extra care of baby’s skin.
2. If the feces are still very hard even after being prepared with lots of water and fiber, parents can use glycerin suppositories to help soften stools for easier passage through the anal region.
3. After using a suppository, baby should pass stool within 20 minutes or else he may suffer from an acute perianal infection caused by contaminated hands perfuming the anus area; thus, parents should remember not to touch his anus when cleaning him up after every bowel movement because microbes will transfer through their finger into baby’s intestines due to tiny wounds or scratches on his tender skin that are easy to break open when touched roughly during diaper change.
How much cooled boiled water for babies with constipation?
Giving your baby boiled water around 1-2 oz can help to make her poo softer and easier to pass. Having plenty of fluid in their system will allow for a more comfortable bowel movement, whereas dehydration causes hard dry balls that are difficult on the digestive tract wall- not so enjoyable!
If you’re breastfeeding try giving extra cool cups between feeds or diluting with formula as needed but don’t overdo it because too much milk powder could be dehydrating towards constipation which would get worse if left untreated long term.
The best food for babies stomach and intestines
The best food for babies stomach and intestines are as follows:
Beech-nut Classics is the best baby food for stomach and intestines. It can be really helpful for bloating, gas, constipation or diarrhea. It helps the digestion process that provides natural bacteria to enhance your baby’s immune system.
The Beech-nut classics is also used by many doctors as well as pediatricians because it consists of good quality ingredients including Vitamin A, C, D & E.
This product has no added sugar so if you want to choose this product for your baby then don’t worry about any digestive problem because this one is good enough to solve these problems. So I highly recommend this product for your little one who seems suffering from all sorts of digestive like Bloating, Gas, Constipation, or Diarrhea.
Earth’s Best Organic
Earth’s best organic is 100 % organic and earth friendly brand which can be used to prepare nutritious & healthy baby food. It also provides extra support for the digestive system of your little one.
This product is high in quality as well as it is made from select ingredients such as red wheat, potatoes (organic), carrots (organic), peas (organic). Earth’s best baby cereal contains all those elements which are essential for babies growth and development process.
If your baby seems suffering from insomnia problems, then this product helps a lot to solve that problem because it has folic acid added in its composition. So don’t worry about these things and choose this product for your baby.
Earth’s Best Organic Stage 2 Toddler
Earth’s best organic is a well-known brand who makes good quality baby products. Their all products are really awesome as compare to its price range as well as their ingredients are dependable as well as reliable.
This time I am going to introduce another product of the same company which is called “earth best organic stage 2 toddler”. If we talk about this item then we can say that it provides complete support for your little one’s digestive system and also made from good quality and healthy ingredients such and peas and blueberry, carrots etc.
It is 100% Organic and Natural formula which supports digestion of your baby.
Earth’s Best Organic Tender Care
Earth’s best organic tender care is another great food for your little one. It is the combination of peas, blueberries and banana that help to keep your baby healthy as well as it provides complete support for his/her digestive system.
This product contains 19 vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients which are required by babies from their starting phase. It does not contain any added sugar so if you want to choose this product for your baby then go ahead and give chance to Mother Nature because she only provides best things.
So I highly recommend this product for your little one because it is the best baby food for stomach and intestines.
Related: 9 Signs Baby Is Ready For Weaning
Constipation is a common problem among infants and toddlers. This article has provided helpful information on the causes of constipation in babies, as well as various treatments to help relieve baby’s discomfort or distress caused by this condition.